Engineering BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Vision Studio School
These qualifications develop the practical skills and underpinning knowledge required to work safely and effectively when developing, designing and maintaining engineering products. Engineering is one of the largest employment sectors in the Mansfield and Ashfield area and is central to a range of businesses including aerospace, transport, medicine and construction.
You will study a combination of practical and theory subjects, with at least half of your time spent in the new Engineering Innovation Centre.
Core and mandatory units include:
- Investigating an Engineered Product
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- The Engineering World
- Investigating and Engineered Product.
Optional units include:
- Engineering Primary Forming Processes
- Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices
- Applications of Computer Numerical Control in Engineering
Assessment is via a mixture of external exams and internally assessed coursework and practical assignments.
Progression: Students can continue their study by completing an HNC/HND qualification with our sponsor Vision West Nottinghamshire College or a degree-level qualification at university, apply for an advanced apprenticeship or enter directly into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision Studio School directly.