ICT A Level at Tollbar Academy
ICT is the technology that provides us with access to the information, concepts and
applications of the computer age. In the past few years we have also seen a massive
shift into social networking, VoIP and video conferencing, all of which help to create
the global village.
• Do you want to know how journalists manipulate images?
• Have you used interactive services? i.e. voting on the telephone or internet?
• Want to know how an MRI scanner works?
• Want to know more about downloading music?
• Do you know how eBay uses database technology?
Information & Communication Technology will be of interest to you if you:
• Want to find out about the practical applications of ICT in the real world
• Are interested in either a career or further education or training in ICT or a related
• Want to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of modern ICT
• Want to learn and develop new skills in databases, multimedia and Web
• Enjoy learning new concepts and ideas
For this course, you should have achieved GCSE grade B in ICT. You should also have achieved a grade B or above in English and Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tollbar Academy directly.