Human Biology A Level at East Riding College
A-level Human Biology is for students who show a genuine interest in the subject and who would like to:
- Develop their interest in human biology
- Appreciate how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of human biology and how they relate to each other
This qualification would help with a career in teaching, management and public sector.
You can study this subject for one year and earn an AS-level or for two years and earn an A2-level.
Module one: The Body and its Diseases.
- Anatomy (mainly the respiratory system and circulation)
- Disease and lifestyle
Module two: Humans - Their Origins and Adaptations.
Individual skills assessment: Practical work in lessons will lead to a practical investigation which is teacher-assessed. Marks are awarded for processing and evaluating results as well as accuracy of readings.
- Five GCSEs grade A* to C including a minimum grade C in GCSE English and grade B in GCSE Science or Biology, or equivalent qualifications
Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course and an initial assessment
This course is assessed through written examinations and individual practical work.
Successful students may wish to progress onto a degree or other higher education course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.