Construction Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Gloucestershire College
Construction skills cover a range of exciting and useful trades such as bricklaying, painting and decorating, plastering, carpentry and joinery.
An apprenticeship in construction helps to develop the skills and knowledge to work in a real construction environment and is suitable for practical, methodical people who like to work outdoors.
Apprentices can progress through to a Higher Apprenticeship in Construction Management or even become self-employed in their specialist trade.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship will comprise of:
- Level 2 Diploma and Level 2 NVQ Diploma in one of the construction trades listed below:
- Painting & Decorating
- Interior Systems
- Site Carpentry
- Bench Joinery
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Three GCSE grades A-D in English, Mathematics and a science/technical based subject. Skills and Attributes required:
- Motivation to succeed within the industry
- Ability to demonstrate that you have the potential to complete the qualifications that are part of the apprenticeship
- Willingness to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Ability to problem solve, measure and use initiative.
It will involve attending college for one day per week and workplace assessment - the number of visits will vary depending on each individual. You may need to attend additional workshops to complete Functional Skills and time off the job to complete the college work.
You may progress onto higher education, site management or self-employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gloucestershire College directly.