Marine Engineering - Level 2 at South Devon College
A Level 2 Boat Building apprenticeship lasts for two years, with a varied choice of roles with a range of employers, including marine engineers, boat builders, repairers, boatyards and marinas. As a marine engineering apprentice, you will learn how a marine engine functions and how to carry out basic maintenance operations. You will attend the College for one day per week, with the remaining working week spent in the workplace, for a minimum of 30 hours. The College can support you in finding a suitable employer to complete this apprenticeship.
What will I learn?
- Statutory regulations and safety requirements
- Using and interpreting data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in marine engineering
- Assisting with the Installation of engines
- Assisting with the Installation of ancillary equipment
- Assisting with the removal of yacht and boat electrical equipment
- Assisting with servicing and repairing marine engines
- Assisting with routine servicing of electrical equipment
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You will need to have achieved a minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- You will be required to carry out an aptitude test
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.