Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at Selby College
This one-year course is designed to allow you to gain a good grounding and develop skills within the Mechanical Engineering sector.
This course is particularly suitable for you if:
• You wish to become a Mechanical Engineer.
• You are thinking about Mechanical Engineering as a career but would like some experience of the job role first, or wish to learn new skills.
• Working Safely in Engineering
• Interpreting and Using Engineering Information
• Carrying out Engineering Activities Efficiently and Effectively
• Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
• Preparing and Using Milling Machines
• Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment In addition, you will be expected to successfully complete a one-week work placement.
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
Standard Level 2 entry requirements apply, plus Grade 3 in GCSE English, Maths and Science.
90% Coursework, 10% Exam.
On successful completion many students choose to enrol on a Full Time Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering Technologies (Mechanical route) at Selby College, or decide to do an Apprenticeship to earn whilst you learn continuing your studies or find work.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.