Sociology - AS/A Level AQA at Churchdown School Academy
2 year course offered as part of a full time study programme
Studying Sociology offers you insight into many varied social and cultural issues. Over the two year period you will delve into a spectrum of subjects.
At AS Level you will focus on issues of culture and identity how we developed from cave dwelling societies into complex societies - looking at families and households.
Your abilities to research will be developed whilst focusing on issues of education.
At A2 Crime and Deviance, Global Development, Power and Politics and Mass Media will further improve your critical and reflective thinking skills.
Pathway 1: 4 A levels
• 5 A* to C Grades in GCSEs, including Maths and English, and meeting any subject specific requirements (see below)
Pathway 2: A combination of A levels and Level 3 Vocational Courses
• 5 A*to C Grades (Merits in BTEC and Vocational Courses) and meeting any subject specific requirements (see below)
What other subjects will it fit with?
Students who take Sociology often also study English Literature and Media Studies.
The subject offers you the opportunity to develop the following skills and as a result will help you with whatever other AS and A2 subjects you choose to study at Churchdown School Academy:
• to investigate and deduce facts,
• how to express your point of view confidently and fluently,
• how to work as a team,
• how to use evidence in support of your arguments,
• how to take responsibility for your own learning.
Where will Sociology take me?
Sociology is an excellent choice of subject if you are considering a career in
: • Social work
• Medicine It is also useful for a career in the areas of:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Churchdown School Academy directly.