Performing Arts (including dance and drama) Level Two BTEC Diploma at East Riding College
Dreaming of being the next big hit in the West End or on TV? Or maybe you prefer to stay out of the limelight? This course includes everything from how to choreograph and perform to writing and directing. Whatever your interest in performance this course can help you achieve success in this exciting industry. This course covers all aspects of the performing arts, through a wide-ranging programme that ensures each student has the opportunity to explore key areas of performance, before deciding on a specialist route to follow.
All students will take mandatory units in:
- Performance workshop (developing practical performance skills in acting or dance)
- Performing to an audience (rehearsals, workshops and shows)
- Performing arts business (Arts Council funding, supporting yourself in the industry)
- Principles of acting (for the acting specialism)
- Musical theatre performance (for the acting specialism)
- Musical theatre performance (for the musical theatre specialism)
- Movement in performance
- Rehearsing for performance
Specialist pathways include:
- Classical and contemporary theatre
- Musical theatre
- Physical theatre
- Variety performance
- Film and TV acting
- Applying contemporary dance
- Jazz dance
- Tap dance
- World dance
- Urban dance
- Vocal coaching and recording
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, including English and either dance or drama
- A good standard of written and verbal communication is desirable.
- A qualification related to performing arts would be desirable
- A satisfactory interview and initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
You could progress on to the Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Performing Arts
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.