Sport & Physical Activity PE OCR Technical Diploma Level 3 at Liskeard School and Community College
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This course was launched in September 2016, the Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in Sport and Physical Activity qualifications will allow students to achieve their potential and progress to the next stage of their lives, whether it be Higher Education, an apprenticeship, or employment.
At Liskeard School and Community College we are proud to deliver the bespoke course which is refreshing and exciting, that’s up to date, engaging, fit for purpose and suitable for the needs of your students in 2016 and beyond. Students will gain the right combination of knowledge, understanding and skills required for the 21st century. Students will gain an insight into the sector as they investigate opportunities for delivering sport and physical activity to a wide range of participants
- The effects that physical activity, training and lifestyle can have on the body systems.
- What makes good sports coaches and activity leaders and methods that can be employed to improve the performance of sports participants.
- The skills and knowledge required to carry out performance profiling and analysis.
- The purpose of, and how to conduct, research in sport and physical activity.
- How businesses in sport are organised and what success looks like to them.
You need to have a genuine interest in sport and a good level of practical ability as well as a determined attitude and the ability to meet deadlines and work independently. It is recommended that learners have, or are working towards, a grade 4/grade C or above in PE, Science, Maths and English GCSEs.
- Learners must achieve a total of 11 units consisting of three mandatory examined units and 8 further units.
- Units 1, 3 and 4 are assessed by exam and marked by OCR. The 8 other units are internally assessed and moderated.
- The units are graded Pass, Merit and Distinction. The qualification is graded PP, PM, MM, MD, DD, DD*, D*D*
This achieving more together 42 qualification will develop learners’ skills in preparation for employment in sports coaching or personal training either through an apprenticeship or directly into work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Liskeard School and Community College directly.