Accessibility links

English Language at Moor End Academy

Course description

The English Language course allows pupils to be assessed on all 3 aspects of English; reading, writing and speaking and listening.  Students will study an extended literary text, learn to write 1st and 3rd person narrative writing and compare a Shakespeare text with poetry.  All students will be entered for WJEC English course.  Oral and written controlled assessment counts for 60% of the total marks and remaining 40% is awarded on the basis of students' performance in two different written exams.

Course content

   All pupils will be entered for the AQA English Language course.   


Oral and written coursework counts for 40% of the total marks and the remaining 60% is awarded on the basis of students’ performance in two written exams.  

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Unknown