Professional Cookery Level 3 Apprenticeship at Somerset College
In addition to developing your professional cookery skills, this course will enable you to develop customer care and team-working within the Professional Cookery sector.
At level 3, the emphasis is on developing supervisory skills within the kitchen environment. This could be arranging staff rotas, planning events and menus or monitoring stock control.
As part of the apprenticeship programme, you will complete the following;
- Practical activities not available at your place of work which will enable you to complete the qualification, for example
participating in a special event.
- Theory sessions to enable you to complete assessments, for example in menu planning; health and safety, nutrition. This is termed the Technical Certificate.
- Functional Skills Maths/English Level 2 (unless already achieved or equivalent GCSE gained).
• GCSEs at a minimum of grades C or an NVQ Level 2 or relevant work experience.
• A pre-entry interview is required following application through the Apprenticeship database.
• Literacy/Numeracy levels will be assessed at interview.
Your tutor will guide you through assessments both at the workplace and at College. You will have practical assessments, online tests and assignments.
Once you have achieved the Level 3 Apprenticeship programme you could progress to a supervisory role within a professional kitchen, such as a Sous Chef, Senior Chef or specialising, for example in pastry or confectionary.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.