Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at Carlisle College
This course is designed for those who wish to make a career in the building industry, specialising in site based carpentry and joinery. It will provide you with a qualification which is appropriate to industrial standards.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries.
- Understand information, quantities and communication with others.
- Knowledge of construction technology .
- Prepare and use carpentry & joinery portable power tools.
- Carry out first fixing operations.
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out structural carcassing operations.
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work.
You will also work towards qualifications in Maths and English.
A level 1 Joinery qualification, mature students with relevant experience and/or other qualifications may be eligible. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to achieve a level 1, in English and Maths as part of a programme of study.
You will be assessed by undertaking practical tasks which will be marked against industrial standards. These will be marked by assessors. There will also be written and oral questioning, to satisfy the assessor that you have the necessary job knowledge and understanding. Each unit has a multiple choice end of unit test and there is a multiple choice on-line final exam. The practical aspect of the course has a final 'synoptic' test that encompasses all the manufacturing work done in the course.
On successful completion of the Diploma Level 2 in Site Carpentry, you may progress to Diploma Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery, or take up a position as a trainee carpenter/joiner in industry and follow an NVQIMA training programme.
There will be a combination of workshop based practical activities supported by formal demonstrations and classroom activities covering the required underpinning knowledge.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carlisle College directly.