Professional Cookery Apprenticeship Advanced Level 3 at Derwentside College
Studying Catering and Hospitality will increase your practical skills and enable you to acquire more knowledge about complex preparation and cookery methods within the Catering Industry.
This practical programme provides an excellent foundation for a career in the catering industry.
You will advance your catering skills through studying 3 mandatory and optional units, producing a range of high-class dishes.
- Establish and develop positive working relationships in hospitality. (Mandatory)
- Maintain the health, safety and security of the working environment (Mandatory)
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food (Mandatory)
- Prepare and cook complex fish dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex meat and poultry dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex sauces
- Prepare and cook complex game dishes
- Prepare and cook complex meat dishes
You will also be required to achieve Functional Skills in Maths at Level 2 and English at Level 2.
All learners starting an Advanced Apprenticeship programme must be employed in the relevant vocational area and be at least working towards Level 2 Maths and English.
If the learner is assessed at below this level, an offer may be made on condition that the learner attends support workshops to achieve the required skills level.
Underpinning knowledge is delivered in the theory lesson and is tested by a series of online testing.
Students satisfactorily completing the course can readily progress to an additional NVQ 3 course, e.g. Hospitality Supervision.
Successful completion of this qualification will assist you to gain employment in your chosen area in the Hospitality, Food, Travel and Tourism, Health Care and Leisure industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.