Art and Design Level One BTEC Diploma at East Riding College
This course is designed as a broad introduction to the subject area, exploring a variety of disciplines. The programme is made up of six units, all of which must be satisfactorily completed. The course has been devised to cater for significant learner needs, with additional provision for those needing learning support. These needs will be addressed in an initial interview.
What will I study?
- Exploring visual language
- Exploring materials and processes
- Exploring ideas
- Your own project
Plus two specialist units from options including:
- Product design
- A minimum of two GCSEs
- Must be able to demonstrate a range of reading and writing skills
- Satisfactory record of achievement
- A qualification related to art and design would be desirable
- A satisfactory interview and an initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
You could progress onto our Level Two BTEC Diploma in Art and Design
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.