Biology AS/A2 Level at The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
What will I study?
- Biological Molecules - Carbohydrates, proteins and lipids
- Cells and Cell functions – Structure and movement of molecules
- DNA and Gene technology – DNA structure and gene function
- Disease and Immunology – Pathogens and the immune system
- Body Systems – Circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems
- Variation and Diversity – Genetic variation and species diversity
6 GCSEs A*-C
Y10 GCSE Science – grade B
Y11 GCSE Additional Science - grade B
Y11 GCSE Biology - grade B
GCSE English and Maths – grade B
- 2 Written Examinations in June following one year of study (AS level qualification)
- 3 Written Examinations in June following 2 years of study (A2 level qualification)
- Please note that the Year 13 coursework requires the compulsory attendance to a residential field course, the cost of which students are expected to cover
A Biology Qualification can open up a range of careers and Higher Education courses. The obvious ones are HE courses in medical, dental and biological related sciences.
However, a Biology qualification is also a way into almost any job, even finance and journalism, broadcasting and publishing. Biology provides the transferable skills which are so important in today’s job market.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School directly.