Engineering (Block D) at Northfleet Technology College
In this course you will follow a variety of units addressing both the fundamentals of working in an engineering workplace and taster units covering the many disciplines of Engineering.
Information about the course to include units covered:
In this course you will follow a variety of units addressing both the fundamentals of working in an engineering workplace and taster units covering the many disciplines of Engineering. Units are:
- Unit 1: Engineering Principles – mainly mathematics and engineering theory.
- Unit 2: Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team - exploring how processes are undertaken by teams to create engineered products.
- Unit 3: Engineering Product Design and Manufacture - exploring engineering product design and manufacturing processes.
- Unit 10: Computer Aided Design in Engineering - developing two-dimensional (2D) detailed drawings and three-dimensional (3D) models using a computer aided design (CAD) system (Computer based work).
- Unit 19: Electronic Devices and Circuits - exploring the operation of electronic devices and their uses in circuits through simulation and practical exercises to build and test physical analogue and digital circuits (Approximately 40% practical work).
BTEC Engineering Level 2 Pass minimum or DT qualification grade 5 minimum and a grade 5 minimum in GCSE Mathematics with a good understanding of how to apply it.
Method of assessment: Students must complete 4 units
Unit 1 = 2 hour written exam externally assessed
Unit 2 = internally assessed assignments
Unit 3 = 11 hour supervised design task, externally assessed
Unit 10 or 19 = internally assessed assignments
Engineering apprenticeship, University courses in Electrical/Mechanical/Structural Engineering, Computer Aided Manufacture.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.