Sport BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Paddington Academy
- To develop your skills and knowledge in fitness testing, programming, anatomy and physiology and the body’s response to exercise
- To learn about the current issues in sport and the psychology of sports performance
- To improve your skills: working as an individual and as part of a team, working to a deadline and in preparing the body for elite sports performance
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport is a two year, Level 3 course available to Year 12 and suitable for high performing Year 11 BTEC Sports students and to students who have an interest in sports with a solid science background. At the end of the course, the students will have the equivalent of 1 A Level. The course will prepare students for work in the sports industry or further study at specialist universities. Employers in the sports and fitness industry are looking more and more for this qualification.
THE BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Sport 7 Units, 100% Coursework
Unit 1: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport 10
Unit 2: The Physiology of Fitness
Unit 3: Assessing Risk in Sport
Unit 4: Fitness Training and Programming
Unit 7: Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
Unit 12: Current Issues in Sport
Unit 17: Psychology for Sports Performance
- An increase in transferable skills, such as time management and team work, that appeals to a wide range of employers.
- The opportunity to pursue a creative, dynamic course at further education or a career in the Sports and Fitness industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paddington Academy directly.