Caring For Children Level 1 Certificate at North Lindsey College
This accredited CACHE Level 1 course will enable you to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relating to childcare. You will attend college for three days per week and placement for one or two days per week.
There are a range of mandatory and optional units to complete and these may include
topics such as:
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Understanding play for early learning
- Human growth and development
- Practical health and safety when with young children
- 2 GCSEs at grade D, including English Language
- A wide range of GCSEs at grade E, including Maths
- A satisfactory school report
- A clean Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
You will produce a range of assessment tasks relating to the coursework which could include written assignment, posters, creative activities, booklets, etc. Your assessed work will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
You need to achieve the full diploma which may include credits from Level 2 units, and English and Maths at a specified level to progress to a Level 2 Early Years Educator course. Alternatively, you may be offered a Childcare Bridging Programme to develop your English and Maths further.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.