Hairdressing - NVQ Level 2 (Apprenticeship) at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you working as a stylist, or are you about to start your career in hairdressing? Would you like to enhance your knowledge and technical skills? This apprenticeship course enables you to gain a valuable Level 2 qualification whilst you work. It builds on your existing understanding and helps you to excel as a stylist.
The course covers all aspects of ladies' hairstyling, training you to a high standard in cutting, perming, colouring, bleaching, blow-drying and setting, as well hair/scalp treatments. In addition, you can acquire knowledge and skills in reception, health and safety and retailing.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real salon environments at the College
- Commercial sessions
- Role play exercises
- Group work
- You must be currently employed in a hairdressing salon
- You should have a Level 1 hairdressing qualification, or equivalent professional knowledge
- You must be enthusiastic, committed and willing to learn
- You must have a calm, caring personality and well-groomed appearance
- You will be required to attend an interview and provide a reference
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £270 (subject to change)
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication
The course gives you a valuable qualification and brings your hairdressing skills up to an advanced level. You will have the ability to excel, and will be able to progress from a junior position into a full stylist role.
You will also be prepared for further study at a more advanced level. You could continue to study part-time and progress onto the NVQ 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship course, which is also offered at Coleg Llandrillo.
- Beauty Therapist
- Holistic Therapist
- Nail Technician
- Salon Manager
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.