Business Studies AS & A Level at Coloma Convent Girls' School
An interest and curiosity about:
- What makes a business successful.
- People at work.
- The economy and the influence of government.
- Business in the news.
- Accounts and calculating.
- Communicating effectively with personnel from business.
- How businesses market their products.
The A level will cover the following themes:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Students are expected to undertake considerable personal research using varied resources, particularly the Internet, TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) talks and broadsheet newspapers.
3 A level pathway requirements
This A level has a linear specification Awarding Body 2017-19
AQA Advanced Subsidiary GCE in Business
AQA Advanced GCE in Business
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coloma Convent Girls' School directly.