Public Services Level 2 Diploma at Berkshire College of Agriculture
BCA has excellent facilities including:
- The Public Services department was graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2015
- A 400 acre site that enables outdoor activities such as orienteering, fitness challenges, field skills and cross country running
- A new Sports complex, incorporating 4 badminton courts, a full size basketball court, cricket net, an electric score board, a fully-equipped strength and conditioning suite, a physio therapy room, large changing room and 3 classrooms
- A state-of-the-art high and low ropes course
- A team of experienced lecturers from emergency services and military backgrounds
- An indoor climbing wall
- A low level 1 km obstacle course comprising challenging physical exercises
Students will all take part in a Boot Camp on the BCA campus at the start of the course to get to know your classmates, the staff and the expectations of the course. This will include adventurous activities, teamwork challenges and camping on site. Towards the end of the year, all students will go on expedition to places like Dartmoor or Wales, involving camping, adventurous activities and navigation activities.
This programme is designed to give an insight into life within each of the public services. It aims to provide an environment in which the potential public services employee can mature by developing their confidence, promoting teamwork, building fitness and an approach to life appropriate for the career of their choice.
Four GCSEs (or equivalent) grades D-E or above to include maths and English. Candidates must demonstrate enthusiasm for the public services and the development of their own leadership, teamwork, fitness levels and communication skills.
Progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma, on achieving at least a Merit and completing functional skills or GCSEs. Students wishing to progress must also have an exemplary record for attendance, punctuality and commitment to study. You will be well placed to find a job in certain public services roles which do not require a Level 3 or higher qualification.
All full-time students, aged between 16-18, will study GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English, if they don’t already hold an A*- C level GCSE in the subject. This is an integral part of their vocational study programme at BCA. Students over 19 are also encouraged to refresh and accredit their skills alongside vocational study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Berkshire College of Agriculture directly.