Media Studies AS/A2 Level at Nottingham Academy
From television to the web, from newspapers to film, the mass
media play an influential part in the world around us. Studying
the media at A level will develop your understanding of social,
political, cultural and economic debates. You will get the
chance to analyse media texts and to create your own
Media forms, representation, institutions and audiences will be
debated, analysed and critically reflected upon.
Units covered at AS
– MEST1: Investigating contemporary media.
– Response to Unseen Text.
– An exploration of a case study.
– MEST2: Creating Media.
– Research, plan, produce and evaluate two media products to
industry level briefs.
Units covered at A2
– MEST3: Issues and debates.
– Comparison of two media texts.
– Debate and discussions of case study.
– MEST4: Critical Investigation.
– Research and production of contemporary media issues
5+ A*-C grades at GCSE including C grade or above in English.
Through coursework and examination.
Higher academic study into contemporary society at university.
Practical media courses and work in the media industry within
media departments in all industry areas.
You could also apply skills in the creative sector e.g.
Advertising and Marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nottingham Academy directly.