Hairdressing VRQ Diploma at Solihull College & University Centre
VRQ Level 3 Diploma in women’s hairdressing
There are 8 units that make up the VRQ Level 3 qualification
- Health and safety
- Promoting products and services to clients
- Consultation services
- Create a variety of looks using a combination of cutting techniques.
- Provide colour correction services
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Human resource management within the hair and beauty sector.
Level 2 Hairdressing Diploma either VRQ or NVQ.
You will be assessed by:
- Practical assessments
- Written papers
- Oral questioning
After successful completion of the course you may progress to;
- Advanced Apprentice in a salon studying a level 3 NVQ Diploma in hairdressing
- Junior stylist
- Senior stylist within a salon, with further progression to Manager and Salon Owner
- Other specialist hairdressing stand-alone units
- Level 4 salon management
- Progression into the Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector
- Progression onto the Diploma in Teaching in the Life Long Learning sector.
- Assessor award level 3
- Private educator and assessor,
- Training academy employee
Solihull College and University Centre offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands.
Students will be expected to take part in work placement in local Hairdressing Salons, and will also have the opportunity to work in the College’s professional salon.
- Theory books (£ TBC)
- Kit (£ TBC)
- Uniform(£ TBC)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.