Art & Design Level 2 UAL Diploma at Seevic College
Do you have an artistic flair? This course will develop your practical art and design skills.
Working in our modern studios, you will embrace a wide range of creative skills including:
- Graphic Design & Digital Processes
- Fine Art
Under the support and guidance of a team of specialist Art & Design lecturing staff, you will complete projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
The course is made up of eight core units over the year:
- Introduction to Materials & Techniques in Art & Design
- Developing Drawing Skills
- Contextual References in Art & Design
- Communicating in Art & Design
- Solving Creative Problems in 2D
- Solving Creative Problems in 3D
- Solving Creative Problems in Time-based Mediums
- Planning and producing a personal project in Art & Design.
- Visual Arts Briefs
- Graphic Design Briefs
- Digital Design Work
- Painting Briefs
- Live Briefs with 'Real' Clients & External Placements
General Entry Requirements
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths. At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- You will be required to present a portfolio of artwork to a member of our team as part of the interview process.
You will work primarily in the studio, spending some of your time working in a computer suite to develop your understanding of digital imaging. You will also complete a range of practical projects, which will be assessed regularly by your Tutors. Towards the end of the course there will be two controlled tests (exams), which are largely practical but will require you to annotate and evaluate your work.
- Four A3 sketchbooks, around £24 in total
- Four A4 sketch books, around £16 in total
- Approximately £30 for materials
- Trips will cost about £20.
This course is the ideal route into a wide range of Art & Design or Media Level 3 BTEC courses.
- You will undertake a number of visits throughout the course to art galleries, museums and other places of interest.
The central aims of the course are to develop your creative ability; drawing and designing skills and improve levels of communication and presentational skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.