Children’s Care Learning and Development Intermediate Apprenticeship at Colchester Institute
The Children’s Care Learning and Development Intermediate Apprenticeship qualification is designed to help you build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas. The Level 2 Children and Young Peoples Workforce CACHE Certificate is aimed at students aged 16 or over who wish to complete an apprenticeship in a specific vocational area.
Children’s Care Learning and Development Intermediate Apprenticeship units:
The course combines developing your practical and theoretical skills at College, together with experience gained in the workplace.
- Introduction to Personal Development in Children’s Settings
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Support Children and Young People’s Play and Learning
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in English, Maths and ICT
Candidates should have a strong interest in the area of working with children to support their learning, and development. They will need to be dedicated and committed to their study and be responsible for their own learning. Students on this course are required to be employed in a suitable childcare setting that can include Nursery, School or Pre-school. Additional entry requirements include being educated to GCSE level.
Possible progression to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship. Career pathways may include supervised roles such as a pre-school or nursery assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Colchester Institute directly.