Hair and Beauty Vocational Studies Level 1 Diploma at Eastleigh College
This course is for students who have an interest in beauty therapy or hairdressing, but do not have the necessary GCSE grades to enter a Level 2 programme.
You will be introduced to the hair and beauty sector and be trained in the basics of hairdressing and beauty therapy preparing you for level 2 progression.
The Diploma also develops personal, social and employability skills alongside functional skills.
You will study:
- Health and Safety
- Contribute to the development of effective working
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Assist with salon reception
- Hair up
- Blow drying/setting
- Assist with hair colour service
- Plaiting and twist hair using basic techniques
- Functional Skills
- There are no formal entry requirements for this, however learners are required to attend an interview ans skills assessments prior to the course starting.
- If English is your second language you must hold an ESOL Level 1 qualification.
- Time management will need to be considered as in addition to you college hours, home study will be required.
- Good attendance and attainment reports from previous school or college. Demonstrating interest and commitment to study.
- You should have a neat and tidy appearance with a sympathetic nature and a desire to help your clients.
- You will be expected to supply models for unit development and comptent assessments for which a service charge will apply.
The course is a careful balance of theory and practical work.
You will be able to gain extra experience in the College salon and reception area as well as attending lectures, tutorials and Work Experience.
You will be required to wear a uniform with shoes costing approximately £65 and will require a beauty therapy kit costing approximately £150.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.