Childrens and Young Peoples Workforce Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
This Apprenticeship is for people who work with children - from birth to 16-year-olds (and their families) - in settings or services whose main purpose is early learning and childcare. Workers in this area make sure children are looked after, kept active, happy and nourished. They also help children develop social and practical skills. This provides a fulfilling opportunity to work with children and young people while also gaining an understanding into their development. Equally, it ensures apprentices put childcare theory into practice. As an apprentice, the exact nature of your job role will depend on your employer.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.