Computing Software Development Level 3 Extended Diploma at Redbridge College
Would you like a career in software development, technical support or web design? Maybe you would like to develop the next generation of computer games? This two-year course is equivalent to three A Levels and will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to meet the ever-changing digital and technological demands in the computing industry. At the end of this course you will be ready to enter employment or continue your studies here at Redbridge College on our HNC/HND course in Computing & Systems Development, alternatively you may wish to progress onto a university course.
You will study 18 units (subject to change), 9 in each year and they include:
- Computer Systems - Database Design - Computer Networks
- Information Systems - IT Technical Support - Communication & Employability Skills in IT
- Software Design and Development - Procedural Programming - Multimedia Design
- Systems Analysis and Design - Computer Animation - Digital Graphics
- e-Commerce - Event-driven Programming - Website Production
- Computer Systems Architecture - Human Computer Interaction - Spreadsheet Modelling
English and maths:
- 16-18: You will also study English and maths to support your main course, until you achieve a L2
- 19+: You may study either English or maths if appropriate
You will need to have achieved four GCSEs at Grade C or above including IT, maths and English, or have completed a BTEC Level 2 Diploma related to IT along with maths and English at Level 2.
You will be taught by our highly skilled team of staff who will pass on their years of industry knowledge and experience to you. You will be assessed by a mixture of assignments, observations and practical assessments.
On successful completion of this course you will have the opportunity to further enhance your skills and knowledge by progressing on to a HNC/HND qualification at Redbridge College. Alternatively, you could progress straight to university or enter employment in a variety of IT subject areas including:
- Computer Games Designer, £19k to £35k per year
- Network Manager, £24k to £47k per year
- Software Developer £23k to £40k per year
- Technical Support £13k to £25k per year
- Web Designer £18k to £35k per year
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redbridge College directly.