Wall and Floor Tiling Diploma Level 1 at Hugh Baird College
The course has both theory and practical assignments which prepare you for the Wall and Floor Tiling - Level 2 course.
The programme also includes studying Maths and English towards GCSE grade A-C if you do not already have these grades.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Handle and store construction materials and components
- Mix construction materials
- Set out for construction components
- Prepare tiles for fixing to wall and floor installations
- Apply and fix tiling materials to wall and floor tiling installations
In order to qualify for this course, you will need:
- GCSEs in Maths and English are desirable but not essential.
You will be required to attend an interview with the Course Tutor. Candidates will need to provide suitable clothing and safety footwear for practical workshop sessions. Stationery equipment and materials will also be required.
Assessment is by a range of methods which may include assignments, projects, case studies, practical exercises, question papers and portfolio building.
16 - 18 Years: Free
You are expected to supply your own pen, pencil, scale ruler, calculator, eraser, steel toe capped boots and overalls.
If you are aged 16-19, this qualification will form a substantial part of your study programme. The study programme has been designed to ensure that young people are fully equipped and ready to move on to the world of work or higher level courses. In addition to your main qualification, will you also get the opportunity to undertake relevant and CV bolstering work experience out in your chosen industry. You will also be supported through maths and English qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.