Dance Level 3 Diploma at Eastleigh College
If you have a passion for dance, and wish to develop your skills and learn a variety of dance techniques, this course is ideal for you.
It provides an ideal opportunity to study and prepare for a range of roles within the dance industry including community dance work, entertainment staff at holiday parks, studio teaching sector and dance internships.
It is a fully recognised UCAS programme which carries a maximum tariff of 420 UCAS points.
This two year subsidiary programme offers progression from the Subsidiary Diploma through to the Extended Diploma, dependent on your entry grades and achievement in year one.
The programme comprises of 18 units which cover a full range of practical and theoretical dance disciplines.
- Skills development in Performing Arts
- Professional Practice in Performing Arts
- Community Arts Project
- Performing Arts Business
- Historical Context of Performance
- Performance Workshop
- Dance Improvisation
- Choreographing Dance
- The Healthy Performer
- Developing Classical Ballet Technique
- Dance Appreciation
- Developing Teaching Skills in Dance
- Developing Contemporary Dance Techniques
- Dance Performance
- Dance in the Community
The programme comprises multiple and extensive community and teaching opportunities and projects. These include working with young adults with learning difficulties, individuals with physical disabilities, children, the elderly and generalised community events and performances.
- You will require 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C or above, preferably with grade A*-C in English. A Level 2 BTEC Diploma/Certificate in Dance/Performing Arts at Distinction level would also be considered.
- In addition, a successful interview in college demonstrating interest and commitment to study, a short written task and participation in a group audition is required.
- All students without a GCSE at grade A*-C in English or Maths will be required, as a condition of the programme, to undertake either a GCSE or Functional Skills programme.
Assessment takes place regularly through performance, project participation, technical observation, independent research, written reports and essays.
Performance kit inclusive of tap, ballet, and generic dance shoes is mandatory for all learners on the programme. Branded College wear is available for purchase at the start of the term.
Previous student destinations have included Creative Academy, Urdang, University of Brighton, Italia Conti, University of Middlesex and Chichester University. In addition, previous students have securede apprenticeships with Rambert Dance Company and Internationally reknowned choreographer Matthew Bourne.
Attendance in the College is four days per week plus additional hours for rehearsals and performances, as appropriate
Students belong to our own dance company which puts on regular performances at the College and works extensively in the community. The department also arranges regular visits to see professional dance companies across a broad spectrum of techniques to enhance learning. These programmes are not just about performance; we look at, and train for, all aspects of the dance industry!
All students have access to the College gym upon completion of a short induction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.