Further Maths at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
You will study two Further Maths modules, FP1 and FP2, as well as four further applied modules the choice of which depends on what you have already selected at A-Level. The Further Maths modules content includes:
- Complex numbers and Coordinate systems
- Series, include finite, Maclaurin and Taylor and Matrix Algebra
- Numerical solutions of equations and Proof by mathematical induction
The applied content depends on which combination of modules you choose from: Statistics and Mechanics or Decision mathematics. You will be expected to:
- Use mathematical skills and knowledge to solve problems
- Understand and demonstrate what is meant by proof in mathematics
- Solve real life problems using mathematical logic and argument
Mathematics is rather different from many other subjects. An essential part is the challenge of analysing and solving a problem and the satisfaction and confidence gained from achieving a ‘correct’ answer.
Entry requirements are open to negotiation with individual students once final GCSE results are known, but as a general rule for all students wishing to study at AS or A2 a grade B at Higher GCSE is essential
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.