ICT (single) BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Baxter College
- Give education and training for IT employees
- Give opportunities for IT employees to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 vocationally-specific qualification
- Give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing and Systems Development
- Give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
Content Units of Study
- Directed Study
- Personal Tutorials
A grade scale of pass, merit and distinction is applied to all units. All units will be internally assessed through portfolio evidence. Examples of Units are:
Core Units you must study
Unit 1 - Communication and Employability Skills for IT
Unit 2 - Computer Systems:
Optional Units available to study
Unit 07: Organisational Systems Security
Unit 08: e-Commerce:
Unit 28: Web Design:
Unit 30: Digital Graphics:
Unit 31: Computer Animation:
Unit 40: Games design:
Successful completion of year 1 will allow you to move onto year 2 or consider employment in areas involving the use of IT/games development. Students who successfully complete this course will be able to apply for university or apply for work in the I.T or gaming sector.
Students will be considered depending upon qualifications, experience and interview. Typically you will have one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above including GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English.
- BTEC Level 2 Creative media at Pass or above
- GCSE I.T at Grade C or above.
- Computing Grade C or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Baxter College directly.