Public Services BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Seevic College
Would you like to work in areas like the Armed Forces, Police Service, Ambulance Services, Fire Services, Prison & Security Services or Voluntary Organisations?
This course is ideal if you want to learn the skills and knowledge needed to understand employment within the public services industry. You will need to have a strong interest in a variety of services.
You will study a number of areas, broken down into core and specialist modules.
- Public Service Skills
- Career Planning
- Improving Health and Fitness
- Sport and Recreation
- Attending Emergency Incidents
- Adventurous Activities
General Entry Requirements
- At least four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above including English Language or Maths. At least one GCSE needs to be at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade D/3 or above in GCSE English Language.
- Practical Assessments
- Theoretical Assessments, including assignments & presentations
Lessons will be on and off site with both theoretical and practical elements. All units are assessed through internally set assignments.
- Practical kit
- Course text book
- Compulsory trips and visits
- Weekly 'smart attire' day.
You could progress on to the Public Services Level 3 Extended Diploma course at Seevic College. If you're aged 18 or over, you might also consider seeking employment in areas like:
- The Armed Forces
- Police Service
- Ambulance Services
- Fire Services
- Prison & Security Services
- A wide range of Voluntary Organisations.
- Relevant trips and visits are an integral and exciting part of this course
- Seevic College has strong links to employers within the public services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.