French A Level at Hammersmith Academy
Speaking French or Spanish is an invaluable skill that can be developed up to whatever level students wish, depending on how much work and dedication they put in. When working hard and completely immersing one’s self in the French or Spanish language and culture, a greater level of understanding can be achieved quickly.
Studying A Level French or Spanish provides an insight into another culture and its society, as well as a sound basis for further study. Languages are spoken by real people in the real world and the topics studied reflect a range of issues in modern society
At AS Level these include:
- Media (TV, advertising, technology and the role of the internet)
- Popular Culture (cinema, music and fashion)
- Healthy Lifestyle (sport, health, diet, work/life balance and holidays)
- Family Relationships (friends, family and changing attitudes towards relationships).
At A Level topics include:
- Multi-Cultural Society
- Contemporary Social Issues.
Students will also be encouraged to access language outside the classroom via satellite TV, radio or reading newspapers and magazines
Eight or more GCSEs at grades A*–C including a minimum grade B in French or Spanish.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hammersmith Academy directly.