Painting and Decorating Level 2 Diploma at Isle of Wight College
Theory and practical activities to cover 8 units.
- Health and Safety
- Preparation of surfaces
- Application of paints, brush, roller and spray
- Paper hanging to ceiling and walls
- Decorative effects, rag rolling, stenciling, marbling, graining
- Efficient working practices
- Relevant Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
- Protecting/masking surfaces and storage of materials
NOTE : The course includes one externally set examination to cover the units.
Previous painting and decorating experience or successful completion of the Diploma Painting and Decorating Level 1Programme. An initial assessment may be carried out prior to an offer of a place.
Practical and Theory based assessments both in the classroom and workshop and Multi-choice examination paper.
Further study e.g. NVQ Level 2 Painting and Decorating, progress to the Diploma Level 3 course or employment within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Isle of Wight College directly.