Level 2 Retail Skills Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
The aim of this Apprenticeship framework is to contribute to meeting the skills shortages in the Retail sector and to promote the Retail sector as a career of choice.
In order to achieve a full Apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 12 to 15 months.
This consists of sector related industry qualification
Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills
- Work Effectively in your retail team
- Themes Display stock to promote sales to customers in a retail environment
- Help to keep the retail unit secure
- Help to maintain health & safety in a retail environment
- Receive goods and material into storage in a retail environment
- Keep stock on sale at required levels in a retail environment
- (Further Optional units are available)
EDI Level 2 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Understanding how retail business maintains health & safety on its premises
- Understanding the retail selling process
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding retail consumer law
- Understanding the handling of customer payments
- Understanding security and loss prevention in retail
- Understanding the control, receipt and storage of Stock
- Underage sales prevention
- Understanding how the effectiveness of store operations can be improved
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
+ Employment Rights and Responsibilities
+ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage.
However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test. Employment in a retail establishment.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, manufacturing instructions, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies https://leedscitycollege.justapply.uk or alternatively you can complete the online application form or e-mail a copy of your cv to the Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
Apprenticeship routes can change throughout the year, keep up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.