Sport BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate at The Gryphon School
Never has the study of sport and exercise science been as important as it is today, especially after the success of the GB Olympics. Sport has now become a massive business. There is a demand for sports scientists, experts in biomechanics, sports psychologists and nutritionists. This is a fascinating and absorbing subject which will set you up to go straight into the fitness and sport industry or going on to further education to study Sports sciences, sports nutrition, sports physiotherapy or sports development at University.
Over the two year course pupils will study four main Units.
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2 – Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well Being
- Unit 3 – Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Unit 4 – Practical Sports Performance
There are no specific requirements for this course but an enthusiastic interest in the subject and a commitment to conscientious study will bring success.
- Unit 1 is assessed through a 2 hour Written Paper which is set and marked by the exam board. This will take place in the Summer Exam Series.
- Unit 2 is assessed through a 2 hour Written Task which is set and marked by the exam board. This will take place in the Summer Exam Series.
- Unit 3 is assessed through Assignments which are set and marked by the School.
- Unit 4 is assessed through Assignments which are set and marked by the School.
We are encouraging all students to purchase a BTEC Sport Book, costing approx £20, to support the course. Occasional day visits to Exeter University, and other courses are undertaken as they become available. They will usually cost £5 to £10. We expect all students to attend courses which are part of the specification. There may be financial help available for those in need.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Gryphon School directly.