Professional Cookery City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Highbury College
The structure of the programme is very similar to the Level 1 Diploma.
The programme continues the development of professional cookery skills and associated knowledge.
The Level 1 Diploma focuses on students understanding and skills development across cookery processes and the Level 2 refines skills across a broader range of commodities.
- Investigate the Catering and Hospitality industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and Safety in catering and hospitality
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Kitchen operations, costs and menu planning
- Applying workplace skills
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook, rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes
- Prepare and cook desserts and puddings
- Prepare and cook bakery products.
Satisfactory completion of the Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Professional Cookery.
Demonstration of practical ability, preferably including some work experience within the hotel and catering industry.
Students will continue the development of skills through practical work.
There will also be classroom activity, online learning, visits and assignments throughout the year and two practical assessments at the end of the year.
After completion of the Level 2 Diploma, students can progress to the Level 3 extended Diploma in Hospitality, employment as a Chef or food service staff in the Hotel and Catering industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.