Travel and Tourism AS/A2 Level at The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School
- Studying Travel and Tourism develops your analytical skills using a variety of case studies.
- Improve your ability to evaluate sources so that you can critically assess their importance.
- Undertake independent research in order to gain greater insights about a variety of long haul and short haul destinations.
AS LEVEL (Year 12):
- UNIT 1: Introducing Travel and Tourism (EXAM)
Gives a broad overview of the UK travel and tourism industry so that you can appreciate all the elements that make up the industry.
- UNIT 2: Exploring Customer Service in Travel and Tourism (COURSEWORK)
What are the customers’ needs and how do companies meet these needs in an ever competitive industry?
- UNIT 3: Travel Destinations (COURSEWORK)
Students will be introduced to reference materials and different sources of information to enable them to highlight the appeal of different destinations to different types of tourists.
A2 LEVEL (Year 13):
- UNIT 4: Tourism Development (EXAM)
This unit covers the agents of tourism development, the aims and objectives of development and the impact this development can have on areas.
- UNIT 5: Event Management (COURSEWORK)
Students learn how to stage an event and run the actual event with other students in the year group.
- UNIT 6: The Guided Tour (COURSEWORK)
Students learn about the variety of tours on offer in the Tourism Industry and then get to put into practice everything they have learnt. The tour is staged at a London attraction of their choice!
4 individual GCSEs A*-C, including English
- 4 pieces of extended coursework (66%)
- 2 exams (33%)
It is an A level course with an emphasis on coursework rather than examinations. Employees and further education institutions welcome the vocational nature of the course and the skills that students develop as they progress through the qualification.
This course offers students the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of how the Travel and Tourist industry works. This is done through study and practical investigation of companies like British Airways, Virgin and many more…
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School directly.