Plastering (Construction) - CSkills Level 2 Diploma at East Durham College
This Diploma provides candidates with a broad range of knowledge, understanding and skills training to become qualified within plastering. The qualification is aimed at students wishing to join the construction industry as plasterers.
• Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
• Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
• Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
• Know how to apply plaster materials to external surfaces
• Know how to fix dry lining and plasterboard products to interiors
• Know how to form sand and cement screeds
• Know how to produce plaster components
• Know how to apply plaster materials to internal surfaces
• Know how to position and secure fibrous plaster components
Minimum of 3 GCSE.
Students are required to complete practical work, case studies, presentations, assignments and an online test. Assessments of candidates will be made by the course tutor.
If you have been a UK resident for the past 3 years and are under the age of 19 on the 31st August, you will not usually need to pay any course fees.
Completion of this qualification provides learners with progression opportunities to the Level 3 Diploma in Plastering or further education. Progression may be to Diplomas, A Levels or into employment in the construction industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Durham College directly.