Music Technology Level 3 Extended Diploma at Highbury College
This two-year programme is for you if you want to find out more about the exciting world of music technology.
The programme includes a wide range of disciplines including: recording, live sound and events management, acoustics, synthesis, sound for moving image, the music business.
You will learn how to use DAW’s such as Ableton Live, Logic and Pro-Tools. The Extended Diploma will provide an opportunity to progress to university or to employment.
There will be practical demonstrations, skills workshops and formal taught sessions.
- In Year 1 you will complete the 90-credit Diploma in Music Technology.
- In Year 2 you will complete nine additional units for the Extended Diploma.
The units you will study are:
Year 1 – 90-credit Diploma (equivalent to three AS Levels):
- listening skills
- music production techniques
- delivering a music product
- sequencing systems & techniques
- the sound and music industry
- live sound techniques
- sound creation and manipulation
- marketing and promotion in the music industry
- the functional music keyboard.
Year 2 – Extended Diploma (equivalent to three A Levels):
- planning and delivering a music product
- music events management
- music & sound for moving image
- acoustics for musicians; music freelance world
- special subject investigation
- concert production and staging, studying music from around the world
- audio engineering principles.
(These units may be subject to change and other units could be introduced).
- You will need four GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and minimum of a D in Maths or a full Level 2 qualification, at merit grade, with literacy and numeracy at the appropriate level.
- Evidence of previous work experience would be useful and a willingness to work in the industry and the ability to succeed are very important.
- Acceptance on this course is subject to interview, audition and initial assessment.
Internal assessment is by coursework portfolio. Your work will be graded as either, Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Students can progress to Degree or Foundation Degree studies at university. The course will also offer students opportunities to work with learning companies.
This will give them new and practical hands-on skills to succeed in the music industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.