Childcare Level 1 at Malvern Hills College
This is an introductory level course for those who would love to work with children.
You will be studying a range of topics including:
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Growth and development of young children
- Healthy eating for families
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- Respecting and valuing children
- You will also study Functional skills in English and Maths
- You will undertake 3 weeks or 111 hours of work experience
You will attend College for three days a week. During the course you will put together personal action plans, assignments and work on a portfolio of work.
All applicants will need to have two GCSEs Grade D - G, or an Entry 3 qualification, a successful interview and be able to provide suitable references. You also need to have enthusiasm and an interest in working with children 0 - 16 years.
On successful completion of the Level 1 Award/Certificate in Caring for Children, the most common progression route is for students to apply to move on to the Level 2 Childcare course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malvern Hills College directly.