Roof Slating & Tiling Apprenticeship Level 2 at Bolton College
Our Apprenticeship programmes will give you vital hands-on experience, learning from real life situations, with the guidance of industry professionals. You’ll gain the skills and confidence needed to excel in your chosen career.
This Apprenticeship course will teach you the theoretical and practical aspects to a trade that can be taken anywhere in the world.
The course is a great way to build on your skills and gain a recognised qualification whilst also earning a salary.
Your course will include a range of skills and techniques, including:
- Installing Roofing Backgrounds and Components
- Installing Pre-formed Weathering Flashings to Roofs
- Installing Single-Lap Roof Coverings to a Variable Gauge
- Installing Plain Tile Roof Coverings
- Installing Regular Sized Natural Roof Slate to Stand Roof Details
You will also gain:
- Functional Skills Level 1 in maths & English, unless you have achieved grades 8-4 (A-C) at GCSE or equivalent in the past five years
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
To complete an Apprenticeship you will need to have found an employer who is willing to support you throughout your training. If you have not found one, we can help you with your search.
We’d like to see a proven track record of very good attendance at work, along with a good reference from school or a previous employer. We also ask that you have a satisfactory level of English and good interpersonal skills.
You’ll be assessed throughout your learning programme by a mixture of formal tests, workplace observations, portfolio building and self-assessment.
On successful completion of this Apprenticeship, you could progress onto full-time employment, professional job-specific qualifications, Higher Apprenticeships or a degree programme.
Following further study you could work as:
- Roofing Labourer, earning between £15,000 and £23,000 a year.
- A Roofer, earning between £13,000 and £32,000, depending on experience.
- A Steeplejack, with an average wage of £21,000.
The College will support you throughout your time here. In College, you will receive personal support from your tutor; out of College, you will have your own personal Work Based Tutor, who will visit you in the workplace.
During their last visit Ofsted commended the College for its provision of “well targeted information, advice and careers guidance, which meets individual needs and enables learners to make informed choices about the next steps in their learning and career.”
Our £75 million campus offers:
- A fitness suite and sports hall
- Apple Mac suites
- A theatre and dance studios
- A café selling Costa coffee
- Wella-approved hair salons
Number 1 for Achievement Rates
We’re the number one General Further Education College in Greater Manchester for 16-18 achievement rates for higher level qualifications.
Ofsted Grade 2 ‘Good’
Ofsted also agrees; on our last inspection we were graded 2 for Good. Ofsted highlighted the fact that our learners develop good employability and personal skills and that a high proportion progress to Apprenticeships, employment or Higher Education.
Discover what Bolton College can do for you by attending one of our Young People’s Open Events at our Deane Road campus.
Wednesday 17th October 2018, 4.30pm – 7pm
Thursday 22nd November 2018, 4.30pm – 7pm
Tuesday 5th February 2019, 4.30pm – 7pm
Click here to learn more: www.boltoncollege.ac.uk/events
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.