Hairdressing - City & Guilds VRQ Level 3 at West Thames College
In this course you will develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills and techniques, maintain and improve services to the client, and learn how to contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business.
You will study:
- Ensuring your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Promoting additional products or services to clients
- Providing hairdressing consultation services
- Creating a variety of looks using a combination of cutting techniques
Plus 5 options as discussed with your tutor.
You must have Level 2 in Hairdressing or equivalent. There will be a trade test as part of the interview.
If you need advice before you apply, please call 020 8326 2020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
You will work towards a Level 3 qualification in hairdressing through practical assessments and by building a portfolio of work throughout the year. There are four areas of assessment:
- Practical: You complete the task
- Oral: You answer questions on your underpinning knowledge
- Written: A portfolio of evidence or a written test or assignment depending on the unit.
- Online tests.
This course is free for students aged 16-18.
You can progress your career in salon management or take teacher training or assessor awards.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us, ask your Connexions Personal Adviser or school/college careers staff.
View all courses at West Thames College.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.