Biology A Level at Sidmouth College
Biology is the study of living things, from cells to ecosystems. If you are fascinated by the huge variety of life on Earth and wish to gain an insight into how organisms work and interact, then Biology could be for you.
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchanging substances and energy with each other and their environment
- Organisms responding to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems and the control of gene expression
Practical investigations are an essential part of the course.
You will be expected to have a minimum B grade in the following subjects:
- Biology GCSE (triple science groups), or a double B in the GCSE
- Science Double Award (Core + Additional).
Assessment is carried out through examinations only. Students will study modules over the two years, leading to an A Level qualification in theis subject.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sidmouth College directly.