Uniformed Public Services BTEC Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma at Lambeth College
You will study the following topics:
- Fitness testing and training for the uniformed public services
- The impact of war, conflict and terrorism
- Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Police powers in the public services
- Volunteering in public services
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle
- Understanding discipline in the uniformed public services
- Government policies
- Leadership and teamwork
- Citizenship and diversity
- International institutions and human rights
- Crime and its effects on society
- Responding to emergency service incidents
- Planning and management of major incidents
- Behaviour in public sector employment
- Custodial care services
- Current and media affairs in public services
- Practical team sports
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 2 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 5 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English or Maths, or equivalent vocational qualifications at Level 2.
A good level of fitness is required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.