English Language and Literature AS/A2 at Rednock School
About this A Level course
- Two externally examined components and coursework.
- This qualification requires the study of six texts, including:
- The study of an Anthology of a range of non-literary and digital texts;
- A drama text
- Prose fiction (plus a thematically linked partner text)
- A non-fiction text
Writing assignments will include the opportunity to write both fiction and non-fiction.
Aims of this A Level course
- Develop and apply their knowledge of literary analysis and evaluation
- Develop and apply their understanding of the concepts and methods appropriate for the analysis and study of language
- Use linguistic and literary approaches in their reading and interpretation of texts, showing how the two disciplines can relate to each other
- Engage creatively and critically with a wide range of texts
- Explore the ways in which texts relate to each other and the contexts in which they are produced and received
- Develop their skills as producers and interpreters of language
- Undertake independent and sustained studies to develop their skills as producers and interpreters of language
To begin this course you should have gained at least a grade ‘B’ in both English Language and English Literature at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rednock School directly.
Last updated date: 02 April 2015