Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at Brine Leas School
The EPQ has proved to be popular with students and teachers alike. It provides an opportunity for students to extend their abilities beyond the A Level syllabus and prepare for university or their future careers. It can also be used to earn up to 70 extra UCAS points.
At BL6, the EPQ is taken as a standalone qualification.
The EPQ allows students to embark on largely self-directed projects. By taking responsibility for the choice and design of an individual project (or an individual role in a group project), students:
- become more critical, reflective and independent learners
- develop and apply decision making and problem solving skills
- increase their planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- learn to confidently apply new technologies
- demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise
Undertaking an EPQ can also deliver other benefits for students and schools and can:
- increase student motivation by allowing them to study topics of personal interest
- enable students to apply their new skills to other areas of study
- transfer skills developed into other areas of study
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brine Leas School directly.