AS/A2 Media Studies at St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Enjoy reading a wide variety of media texts
- Have an interest in researching the historical, social, cultural, political and economic influences which have shaped the development and understanding of media texts
- Have an ability to work independently or as part of a group
- Wish to be actively engaged with media texts in order to develop informed personal responses
- Would like to study a subject which offers a wide range of career opportunities
On this course students will be encouraged to develop their interest in and enjoyment of a wide range of Media texts such as magazines, newspapers, films and television.
Students will normally have achieved a Grade B in English Language or in other essay based GCSEs, in order to cope with the demands of this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy directly.