Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science Single at The Victory Academy
BTEC Applied Science Students...
- have practical experience from real worls assignments
- take responsibility for their own learning
- develop interpersonal and practical thinking skills
- have a strong core base of knowledge
- have real experience of effectice teamwork
- know how to work to a brief with set deadlines
- efficiently manage time to complete tasks and processes
Aim: To provide a broad base of study for the Applied Science Sector, forming part of a programme of study including other courses e.g. BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
- Principles and Applications of Science
- Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Science Investigation Skills
Optional Unit Choices:
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Human Regulation and Reproduction
- Biological Molecules and Metabolic Pathways
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Diseases and Infections
- Applications of Inorganic Chemistry
- Applications of Organic Chemistry
- Astronomy and Space Science
Students should have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at A* to C including CC in core and additional science, Grade 4 in Maths and Grade 4 in either English Language or Literature
Types of Assessment
- Assignment: Set and marked internally
- Task: Set and marked by Pearson
- Written exam: Set and marked by Pearson
This qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by HE providers as contributing to admission requirements for many relevent courses. Taken on its own, the National Diploma in Applied Science will offer the opportunity to progress to some science related egree courses and careers.
Equivalent ot 1 A Level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Victory Academy directly.